Blueberry Coconut Dreamsicles
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅛ cup liquid sweetener (I used Coconut Nectar)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 12 oz coconut milk (full fat)
- Before you begin recommendations: (for those “new” to coconut milk/cream). You will want to refrigerate the canned coconut milk (buy the whole coconut milk not lite) for aprox 24 hours and then when you open the can you will see the creamy top which is the part you will want to use for this recipe, scoop out the cream and reserve the water for another recipe.
- In a medium bowl combine the berries, lemon and sweetener, mix lightly enough to coat the berries. You may opt to leave out the sweetener as the coconut cream tends to be sweet enough for some. Adjust the recipe to your tastebuds and dietary needs.
- Put coconut cream in a medium mixing bowl and whip until thickened adding in the blueberry mixture while whipping. Some of the berries will break down releasing their juices and creating texture. If you want the berries whole hand mix them in gently using a rubber spatula. If you prefer a quicker alternative and a more purple colored pop simply blend all of the ingredients together in a blender.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Place a 6 inch twig in place of the stem and freeze for 2 – 6 hours or until completely frozen. Run the mold under warm water for a few seconds and gently remove the popsicle from the mold
Posted 10 months ago on Monday 17 June 13.